Laminated Elastomeric Bearings
The Ludowici Laminated Elastomeric (LE) Bearing is a reinforced bearing manufactured from synthetic Natural Rubber. The engineering properties of Natural Rubber give it an outstanding advantage over other synthetic rubbers. Its load bearing characteristics, resistance to fatigue, high strength and ability to withstand loads for long periods without failure are exceptional.
By using well proven production processes and high quality raw materials, we can guarantee a long life span practically maintenance free.
Principles of Operation
- The Ludowici LE Bearing is used in bridge construction throughout the world. It allows movement of a bridge deck on its supporting structure when changes in the deck length, and also width occur with changing temperature.
- Vertical Loads from the structure, live traffic loads and wind forces are transferred to and absorbed efficiently by the bearing.
- These bearings have a low horizontal stiffness, so that only minor forces are imposed on the supports, but a high vertical stiffness to prevent appreciable changes in height under changing load.
- Some end rotation of the deck can also be accommodated by the bearings without greatly affecting the pressure distribution on supporting piers.
Standards and Testing
- Ludowici LE Bearings can be manufactured to the following standards i.e. AS 5100.4, BS 5400, EN 1337 and AASHTO LRFD Sec. 14.
- Ludowici maintain strict Quality controls to ensure total compliance with respective Standards.
- Ludowici maintain and operate an accredited NATA laboratory and test facility where all our bearings are tested.
- Ludowici LE Bearings have been used successfully around the world for the last 30 years under harsh and demanding conditions. Till date our products are fully operational to our clients’ complete satisfaction.
- Qualified personnel, established and tested manufacturing process together with Ludowici’s superior Materials Technology ensure that the quality of Ludowici products is always maintained.
- All Ludowici products are fully warranted.
Range of Product
- Ludowici offers the complete International range of sizes of LE Bearings. The usual load range lies between 100 kN and 9000 kN SLS (Serviceability Limit state)
- Ludowici LE Bearings are available in square, rectangular and circular shape.
- Ludowici has the ability to design, manufacture and supply LE Bearings customized to special design requirements.
- In addition to Ludowici standard elastomeric bearings, special bearings for Vibration Isolation, Seismic Isolation and Damping can be designed, manufactured and supplied.
For more information please click here to download the ERP – LE Bearings Brochure